Thursday, March 1, 2012

Manny has more punching power than Bradley

Unbeaten Filipino lightweight contender Mercito Gesta believes fellow Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao has the upper hand in punching power compared to Timothy Bradley. Gesta, who is set to fight in the undercard of the April showdown between Brandon Rios and Yuriorkis Gamboa, said Pacquiao could offset Bradley’s speed with superior punching power.

“Bradley’s fast but I don’t know about his [punching] power. I still think Manny will get that fight,” said the US-based Cebuano in Boxing Scene.
Most pundits believe Bradley lacks punching power as shown by his knockout (KO) record.
In 28 victories, the unbeaten American boxer was only able to notch 12 KOs.

Pacquiao, the reigning World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight champion, has 38 KOs in 54 wins.
But Bradley claimed that although he fought most of the time as a junior welterweight, he is stronger compared to the Filipino champion.

“I walk around at 160, 165 (pounds). I’m way bigger than him,” he said.
“I’m strong, and I’m a lot thicker than he is, and I looked like I’m a lot stronger. I know that he can’t bench press no 300-pounds,” Bradley added.

source: abs-cbnnews

0 (mga) puna:

Post a Comment